Univerity of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
Penn Medicine hospitals ranked #1 among top hospitals in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Reports
- Mice Treated with This Cytokine Lose Weight by ‘Sweating’ Fat July 29, 2021 Treating obese mice with the cytokine known as TSLP led to significant abdominal fat and weight loss compared to controls, according to new research published Thursday in Science from researchers in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine Establishes Roberts Family Professorship and Fellowship for Vaccine Research and Development July 29, 2021 The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania today announced the establishment of the Roberts Family Professorship in Vaccine Research and the Katalin Karikó Fellowship Fund in Vaccine Development, providing a foundation for discoveries that will forge a new frontier in vaccine-based treatments, cures, and prevention strategies for an array of diseases.
- Penn-led Consortium Identifies More Genetic Markers for Inherited Testicular Cancer July 28, 2021 A meta-analysis of nearly 200,000 men revealed 22 new genetic locations that could be susceptible to inherited testicular germ cell tumors (TGCT) — a 40 percent increase in the number of regions known to be associated with the cancer.
- New Approach for Cell Therapy Shows Potential Against Solid Tumors with KRAS Mutations July 27, 2021 A new technology for cellular immunotherapy developed by Abramson Cancer Center researchers at Penn Medicine showed promising anti-tumor activity in the lab against hard-to-treat cancers driven by the once-considered “undruggable” KRAS mutation, including lung, colorectal, and pancreatic.
- Penn Medicine Hospitals Rank Among Top Hospitals Nationally and #1 in Pennsylvania by U.S. News and World Report July 27, 2021 Penn Medicine hospitals have once again been ranked among the top in the nation by U.S News & World Report. The combined enterprise of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is ranked #13 in the nation on the magazine’s prestigious annual Honor Roll for the 15th consecutive year.
Prioritizing the Role of Major Lipoproteins and Subfractions as Risk Factors for Peripheral Artery Disease.
Levin MG, Zuber V, Walker VM, Klarin D, Lynch J, Malik R, Aday AW, ... Circulation. 2021 Aug 3;144(5):353-364 Epub 2021 Jun 18
Respiratory Care for Patients With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the US: In Need of Support.
Hansen-Flaschen J JAMA neurology. 2021 Aug 2
Two Models of Legalization of Psychedelic Substances: Reasons for Concern.
Smith WR, Appelbaum PS JAMA. 2021 Aug 2
Amivantamab in EGFR Exon 20 Insertion-Mutated Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Progressing on Platinum Chemotherapy: Initial Results From the CHRYSALIS Phase I Study.
Park K, Haura EB, Leighl NB, Mitchell P, Shu CA, Girard N, Viteri S, ... Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2021 Aug 2;:JCO2100662
Interconnections between circadian clocks and metabolism.
Guan D, Lazar MA The Journal of clinical investigation. 2021 Aug 2;131(15)