University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
funded by Penn Medicine
Office of Inclusion, Diversity
& Equity anchor programs
Students served by
- Potential Strategy to Improve T Cell Therapy in Solid Tumors March 15, 2023 Simultaneously knocking out two inflammatory regulators offers a “one-two punch” to enhance T cell potency, according to a new preclinical study. The approach demonstrates promise to improve T cell therapy in solid tumors.
- Birth Complications Tied to Death Risk Decades Later March 14, 2023 Complications from pregnancy and childbirth have led to high death rates among people who have given birth in the United States. A new study shows that these complications can have deadly implications as long as 50 years later.
- Penn Medicine Suggests More Cancers Can Be Treated with Drugs March 13, 2023 The study used the world’s largest supercomputer to search for hidden, targetable regions
- Awards & Accolades: February 2023 March 09, 2023 Learn how Penn clinicians and researchers are being honored by their peers.
- Three Penn Medicine Faculty Members Named Hastings Center Fellows March 01, 2023 Three faculty from PSOM have been named 2023 Hastings Center Fellows, recognized for their work towards informing scholarship and public understanding of complex ethical issues in health, health care, life sciences research, and the environment.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Knowledge to Advance the Clinical Effectiveness of Pediatric Complex Care.
Berry JG, Feudtner C JAMA pediatrics. 2023 Mar 20
Effectiveness of the Family Heart Talk Communication Tool in Improving Family Member Screening for Dilated Cardiomyopathy: Results of a Randomized Trial.
Kinnamon DD, Jordan E, Haas GJ, Hofmeyer M, Kransdorf E, Ewald GA, Morris AA, ... Circulation. 2023 Mar 20
Evaluating the Accuracy of Pulse Oximetry in Children According to Race.
Ruppel H, Makeneni S, Faerber JA, Lane-Fall MB, Foglia EE, O'Byrne ML, Bonafide CP JAMA pediatrics. 2023 Mar 20
Long-Term Performance of an Image-Based Short-Term Risk Model for Breast Cancer.
Eriksson M, Czene K, Vachon C, Conant EF, Hall P Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2023 Mar 17;:JCO2201564
RIP140 deficiency enhances cardiac fuel metabolism and protects mice from heart failure.
Yamamoto T, Maurya SK, Pruzinsky E, Batmanov K, Xiao Y, Sulon SM, Sakamoto T, ... The Journal of clinical investigation. 2023 Mar 16
Use arrow keys to view publications